This visa is for people who have lived, worked and studied in designated regional area Australia on a previous, eligible visa. This Visa will not commence to be in effect until November 2022. The Permanent Skilled Regional Visa (subclass 191) will allow Subclass 494 and 491 visa holders to transition to permanent residency after three years living in designated regional areas. Regional areas are defined as any area excluding Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
The 191 Visa is a Permanent Visa and once a is granted, you can:
- live, work and study in Australia permanently
- travel to and from Australia as many times as you want while the visa is valid
- enroll in Australia’s public health care scheme (Medicare)
- sponsor your relatives to come to Australia
- travel to and from Australia for 5 years
- if eligible, apply for Australian citizenship
- Dependent family members may be included and must also live, work and study in Australia.
To meet the requirements of the permanent visa (from November 2022) applicants must:
- held a 491 or 494 visa for at least three years
- have lived for at least 3 years in the regional areas
- have a taxable income at or above a specific income threshold for at least three years
- Holders must show earnings of at least $53,900 annually for three years.
- complied with the conditions of the regional provisional visas
- must be inside Australia to apply
How long can you stay?
This is a permanent visa and it lets you stay in Australia indefinitely.
You become a permanent resident on the day the visa is granted.
Application Fees and processing time
Main Applicant: will be announced closer to the commencement date
Processing Time – will be announced closer to the commencement date