Visitor Visas (600, 601, 651)

In order to visit Australia, people are required first to obtain a visa. Depending on the specific circumstances (holiday, visit family, etc) and the nationality of the applicant, there are multiple visas to choose from. It can be applied both onshore and offshore depending upon the individual circumstances of an applicant and they allow the applicant to stay temporarily in Australia. While these visas allow you to study for a limited period of time, they won’t give you permission to work.



It is usually sold by tour operators.

ETA Subclass 601

It is available online for 35 countries.

E-Visitor subclass 651

It is a visa you can apply onshore.

Visitor Visa subclass 600


Subclass 601 formalmente ETA (Electronic Travel Authority

The Electronic Travel Authority (Class UD) (Subclass 601) visa is for persons who wish to visit Australia temporarily as a tourist or to engage in business visitor activities such as attending a conference, attending a business meeting etc.

To apply for this Visa, you must be outside of Australia. 
To be eligible for the Electronic Travel Authority (ETA), applicants must be a citizen of a particular country considered low risk. The Australian holiday visa is a multiple entry visa and entitles you to stay up to 3 months on each visit within the 12 months from when your visa is granted.
This Visa has a $20 cost and the processing time for this visa is within 24-48 hours from the time of application for the visa.


Subclass 651 e-Visitor,

The eVisitor is very similar to the ETA (sub. 601), and allow Visa holders to come to Australia temporarily as a tourist or to engage in business visitor activities such as attending a conference, attending a business meeting etc.
It also needs to be applied while offshore. The eVisitor Visa is, though, completely free and it is available only for a limited number of countries.


Subclass 600 (Visitor Visa)

It is possible to apply for a Visitor Visa (Subclass 600) if you are currently offshore or in Australia and you would like to extend your stay.

A Visitor Visa (Subclass 600) allows travellers to enter Australia for tourism or business purposes or visiting friends and family. A visitor visa may be valid for different periods, including up to three (3), six (6) or twelve (12) months. To qualify for a Visitor Visa Subclass 600, you must hold a valid passport.  is open to any country and you will have to apply for this subclass if you are are not eligible for an Electronic Travel Authority or E Visitor Visa.
Average processing times can vary depending on the stream of the visitor visa and the Government requests additional documentation
This Visa has different costs if you apply outside of Australia ($145.00) or in Australia ($365.00)

Book your free consultation with our Agents!

Follow us!

Get in touch! We answer to all your questions
If you don't own a visa yet just type: I don't own a Visa

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these <abbr title="HyperText Markup Language">html</abbr> tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>