Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) visa, is a permanent residency visas for skilled workers. To be eligible for this visa, a skilled individual must be nominated by an Australian employer. This visa involves a two-step process:
- a nomination by an approved Australian employer;
- and a visa application by the skilled overseas worker.
To Apply for the ENS (sub. 186) Visa, the applicant must be nominated in one of the position included in the Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List.
This visa provides the holder with Australian permanent residency. Although the visa is granted based on the holder being skilled in a specific occupation, once granted, the visa doesn’t require you to seek or maintain employment in this occupation.
With this visa, you can
- stay in Australia indefinitely
- work and study in Australia
- enrol in Australia’s public health care scheme (Medicare)
- sponsor eligible relatives to come to Australia
- apply for Australian Citizenship, if eligible
You can bring your family with you (they can work and study) and you can travel in and out of Australia as often as you like.